শনিবার, ১৭ সেপ্টেম্বর, ২০১১

5 Common Mistakes of a First Draft - Workflow: Writing

  • draft

    Your First Draft is Allowed to Suck!

    962 readersIn this article, Icy Sedgwick reminds us all that our first draft is just that, a draft, and gives us advice on how to keep that in mind and improve our writing. If you?re anything like me, you probably spend a portion of your day keeping up with your contacts on Twitter. If you?re reading this

  • NaNoWriMo Writer Chosen as Starbuck?s First Digital Book Pick of the Week

    11011 readersStarbucks has chosen Erin Morgenstern?s The Night Circus as its first digital book Pick of the Week. The debut novel began as a National Novel Writing Month manuscript and endured 30 rejections from literary agents. Last summer, The Wall Street Journal explored Morgenstern?s ?high-six-figure advance? and her potential as a successor to J.K. Rowling in an

  • First Draft Fun

    719 readersI am currently writing the first draft of my second book. ?It has a working title of 18 Kisses and I am having such fun with it. ?I love creating characters and writing big chunks of chapters in one go. ?First drafts are my favourite. ?Rewrites bring the book to the next level, but the

  • Be Extraordinary

    1241 readersHow many hours does it take to write a novel?a good one, a publishable one? How many hours will you have to spend thinking about that story, then actually typing out a draft, and then revising-revising-revising? Many. Possibly many more than you think. So the goal is to make those hours count. To be sure

  • Yes We Can.

    1493 readersThe sun was shining when I joined the queue today at Dublin Castle at 12.30 p.m. Not very many of my friends wanted to go to the Obama rally, and those who did had to work. I felt a tad lonerish at the prospect of standing by myself for 7 hours, but I was not

  • writing_fail

    Ten Reasons Why Writers Should Fail: Part One

    624 readersIt?s not a secret anymore ? making mistakes is simply a part of life. I make mistakes, you make mistakes, pros make mistakes ? we all?make mistakes. To most of us, making a mistake as a writer is a sign of failure. If that?s the case, then failure is the only option ? because it?s from our

  • The Heroism of Revision

    1969 readersI am an author with a wonderful agent but I have a question that would be better answered by an editor, and I'd like your input.My debut novel has been on submission since the beginning of the year. In our first round of submissions the first 'no' came...

  • evillogo.JPG

    Evil Wylie Twitter Writer Gives Interview

    814 readersThe satirical writer Evil Wylie granted his or her first interview to Independent Publisher. For weeks, the anonymous writer has posed as a fictional version of literary agent Andrew Wylie on Twitter. In the interview, Evil Wylie admitted they created the Emperor Franzen Twitter feed (a satirical version of Jonathan Franzen), but did not create the

  • 7 Things I?ve Learned So Far, by James Dashner

    1729 readersThis is a new recurring column I'm calling "7 Things I've Learned So Far," where writers at any stage of their career can talk about seven things they've learned along their writing journey that they wish they knew at the beginning. This installment is from successful kids writer James Dashner. Guest blogger James Dashner's latest YA book is The Maze

  • Why I Love and Write Women?s Fiction Novels

    227 readersWe have a special guest today!? Allie Larkin, author of Stay (Dutton), is here to talk about why she loves and writes women?s fiction (her specialty!).? Visit Allie on the web at www.allielarkinwrites.com. Why I Love and Write Women?s Fiction Novels By Allie Larkin I?ve always been a reader.? I love the escapism of books.? I love the

  • Source: http://workflowwriting.com/636720/5-common-mistakes-of-a-first-draft.php

    google reader media media blade runner continental continental bbq

    কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

    একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন