বুধবার, ২৮ সেপ্টেম্বর, ২০১১

Lettuce Salad-Detox Salad-Raw Food Salad Recipe - Indian Food ...

Lettuce salad is a favorite high raw food salad with Mango Lettuce Salad being my all time favorite. I tend to go the raw food way once in a while to detox the body. Detox foods or high raw food help to cleanse the system and its good to rest our system once every few days. Not to mention they also aid weight loss. :)

I used what I had in the fridge to make myself a light and filling salad. I like the smoky flavor of roasted bell peppers and they make a great addition to today?s lettuce salad. Avocado provides the healthy fat and pomegranate is rich is antioxidants.

If you are looking to detox your system or lose weight with healthy food then hop over to check out some raw food recipes that I have blogged earlier.

Lettuce Salad

Lettuce Salad Recipe

Roast one red bell pepper, one green bell pepper and one yellow bell pepper. Cool and peel the charred skin and chop. Place in a large salad bowl. Peel and slice a cucumber, add to the bowl. Peel, cut an avocado into pieces and add to the bowl. Peel, slice a red onion and add to the bowl. Wash, pat dry a head of iceberg lettuce and tear into bite sized pieces and add.

For salad dressing, whisk 1 1/2 tbsps olive oil, 1 tbsp eggless mayo, salt to taste, crushed garlic clove, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1 tbsp lemon juice and 1 tbsp honey. Pour this dressing over the raw lettuce salad and toss well. Sprinkle a few pomegranate seeds and refrigerate until use. Serve lettuce salad chilled.

Optional: Finish with a sprinkling of toasted sesame seeds.

Prep time: 15 min Cook time: 5 min Yield: Ingredients: lettuce bell peppers pomegranate

Lettuce salad is an all time favorite high raw food salad. I tend to go the raw food way once in a while to detox the body. I used what I had in the fridge to make myself a light and filling salad. I like the smoky flavor of roasted bell peppers and they make a great addition to today?s lettuce salad.

All images and content on Sailu's Kitchen are copyright protected | Please Ask First

By Sailu ? Sep 26th, 2011 ? Category: All Recipes, Green Leafy Vegetables, Raw Food Recipes, Recipes Vegetable Dishes, Salad Recipes

Source: http://www.sailusfood.com/2011/09/26/lettuce-salad-with-roasted-bell-peppers/

whole foods whole foods

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন